“Mold Removal” vs. Mold Remediation
What’s the Difference?
You have contacted SERVPRO to remove the mold you discovered behind and under your refrigerator. As you watch the crew work you are in awe as they put up what appears to be a plastic room between the dining room and living room. You ask the relevance of such a room, and the SERVPRO Technician is happy to explain the necessity of setting up a safe place to clean off their bags and tools. This zone will help to prevent contamination to clean parts of the room, home, or business.
What caused the mold was too much moisture in the air due to poor ventilation in the home. Either a window, or ventilation fan is needed to properly disperse the moisture, so it does not set on the ceilings, or walls. Mold can not only damage the home, or business, but can also be a health risk to those who occupy the home or business. At SERVPRO our technicians are certified to carefully remove the mold, thus bringing your home or business back to a safe environment.
Call SERVPRO of Richland County if you detect signs of mold.
Signs of Mold? Call Today – (803) 419-0470
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. Learn more about our mold remediation process.
- Emergency Contact - (803) 419-0470
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Richland County is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 2120 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities: